Hey, You! Yeah, You!
Please, Please, Please make good decisions! Take care of yourself and your friends!
We want to stay together IN PERSON and it depends on us!
The British royal family isn’t allowed to play Monopoly.
KINDNESS * TEAMWORK * PASSION * INTEGRITY * COURAGE * RESPECT
Take Note! Please read!
“We also know that we are experiencing an extremely minimal influenza season this year. So just understand that the common cold is no longer common this year. If you start to experience cold or flu-like symptoms, it would be wise to seek a COVID-19 test”.
Amber Schmidtke, PhD
Random Acts of Kindness
- Here are examples of Random Acts of Kindness. Feel free to include others. Print out the form and keep track.
- We’d love to share your acts of kindness on ACAD Daily, so take a picture and send to email@example.com.
- Report your acts to your advisor.
- This week, you will receive double points for your acts of kindness to your FRIENDS.
- Starts: Now Ends:Valentines Day
- Top advisory wins a Pizza Lunch, Top grade wins a dress down day.
Glacial Geology Course – Grand Teton NP, WY
Instructor: Mr. Skip Trimpe
Dates: June 11 – 23, 2021
- A 13-day course traveling and hiking through the Appalachians in Georgia and the Wasatch and Teton Ranges in Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming
- Study the Cenozoic Period and the Ice Ages as seen through the rocks, animals, paleoecology, plate tectonics, and the scenery of Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming.
- Earn .5 High School credit hours.
- Cost: $2575
- 1 opening left for a freshman or sophomore girl, but will take a boy if no girls apply. Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing. First to contact me with parental approval will be considered: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Need Help With Math?
Try Peer Tutoring!
Volunteer peer tutors are excited to help you understand concepts from class, figure out homework problems, prepare for a quiz or test, and improve your understanding. Benefits:
- One-on-one / small-group help from a friendly and knowledgeable peer
- Support for any class (Algebra 1 to AP Calculus BC)
- In-person and online options available
Please note we have shifted to a by-appointment model for spring semester. Email email@example.com to set up your first meeting!
Puzzle of the Week | Hosted by Math Club
We are back! This week’s fantastic puzzle is too extraordinary to fit on the ACAD Daily. You can view it in its full glory by clicking here. Remember, if you submit the correct answer to firstname.lastname@example.org, your advisory will be entered for a chance to win the weekly prize. Congratulations to Turney advisory for winning the last round!
Tomorrow, January 27
International Holocaust Remembrance Day is an international memorial day on 27 January commemorating the tragedy of the Holocaust that occurred during the Second World War. It commemorates the genocide that resulted in the deaths of 6 million Jews and 11 million others, by the Nazi regime and its collaborators.
Don’t forget you must sign in and out even if you have parent permission to leave! You will serve detention if you forget. We need to know if you are on campus. Thank you!!!
If you need the links to the at-home or return request forms, please email Ms. Rorey: email@example.com. Remember that you should expect to wait 24 hours before you are approved by the school. Therefore, do not submit the request late in the evening or early in the morning and assume that you will immediately have permission to attend online or return to school. Thank you!
Cleaning Supplies and Masks Drive
Please help us stay healthy so we can continue to be together!
Upcoming college visits – all visits take place virtually from 12:55-1:30 (except where noted – links are in college names).
NACAC virtual college fairs will occur through the fall. Students can register here.